About the Festival
Drawing an audience of over 35,000, the Portland International Film Festival (PIFF) is the biggest film event in Oregon, premiering more than 100 international shorts and feature films to Portland audiences each February. Audiences can experience a variety of parties, visiting artists, and plenty of festival adventure taking in this feast of cinematic fare.
Press & Sponsorship
The Festival is sustained through the encouragement, leadership, and generosity of loyal sponsors who value the diverse perspectives and cultural inclusion that the Festival brings to the community. For information about 2013 partnership opportunities, contact Kristy Conrad at 503-221-1156 x17 or email@example.com.
Please direct all press inquiries to Nick Bruno, Public Relations & Marketing Associate, at 503-221-1156 x20 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for the Festival
The Portland International Film Festival would not be possible without the amazing support from our dedicated volunteers.
Orientation - Mark your calendar!
There will be an open orientation for PIFF volunteers on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 6 p.m. inside the Portland Art Museum's Mark Building. Please arrive early to sign in. For information about how to get involved this year, please send an email to email@example.com.
Location: 1119 SW Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97205
Global Classroom: International Cinema for K-12
The 35th Portland International Film Festival invites teachers and K-12 students from throughout the community to take a cinematic field trip to the Film Center’s Whitsell Auditorium for special daytime screenings of some of this year’s film highlights. Chosen for their ability to expose students to other cultures and languages and broaden young people’s understanding of the world, some films will be appropriate for high school students, while others will be suitable for all grade levels. Both English language films and foreign language films will be featured. Admission to Global Classroom special screenings is free, but reservations are required. For a complete schedule or additional information, educators should contact Karen at 503-221-1156 x10 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Member—Your PIFF Pass
Ways to join:
• Purchase your Silver Screen Club card online.
• Order your card by mail using the printer friendly order form.
• Giving a gift? Use the printable form above or call 503-221-1156, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.
Questions? See our online FAQ for more information.
Visit the 35th Portland International Film Festival microsite or visit our archive.
Recent Audience Award Winners
• Best Narrative Feature – THE SAPPHIRES / Australia / Wayne Blair
• Best Documentary – AMERICAN WINTER / United States / Joe Gantz, Harry Gantz
• Best New Director – THE SAPPHIRES / Australia / Wayne Blair
• Best Short – THE OTHER SIDE / Israel / Khen Shalem
• Best Oregon Short – DEAR PETER, WOODCHIPS I / United States / Orland Nutt
• Best Narrative Feature – ALMANYA—WELCOME TO GERMANY / Germany / Yasemin Samdereli
• Best Documentary – FIRST POSITION / United States / Bess Kargman
• Best New Director – FIRST POSITION / United States / Bess Kargman
• Best Short – RAJU / Germany / Max Zähle
• Best Narrative Feature – INCENDIES / Canada / Denis Villeneuve
• Best Documentary – HOW TO DIE IN OREGON / United States / Peter D. Richardson
• Best New Directors – LOUDER THAN A BOMB / United States / Greg Jacobs and Jon Siskel
• Best Short – FLAWED / Canada / Andrea Dorfman
• Best Narrative Feature – THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO / Sweden / Niels Arden Oplev
• Best Documentary – THE TOPP TWINS: UNTOUCHABLE GIRLS / New Zealand / Leane Pooley
• Best Short – THE MOUSE THAT SOARED / US / Kyle Bell
• Best Narrative Feature - DEAN SPANLEY / New Zealand / Toa Frazer and CHERRY BLOSSOMS / Germany / Doris Dörrie
• Best Documentary - PRESSURE COOKER / US / Jennifer Grausman, Mark Becker and THE BEACHES OF AGNÉS / France / Agnès Varda
•Best Short - NOUS DEUX ENCORE / US / Heather Harlow
• Best Narrative Feature - EMPTIES (CZECH REPUBLIC) Jan Sverák
• Best Documentary - TAXI TO THE DARK SIDE (US) Alex Gibney
• Best Short - TANGHI ARGENTINI (BELGIUM) Guy Thys
Out of Town Visitors
Learn where to stay, what to do between films, and how to get around during the festival.
What to do: http://www.travelportland.com/visitors/
How to get around: http://www.trimet.org/ and http://www.zipcar.com/portland/
Where to stay: